With weight training it is reasonable to start with the right approach and first to figure out what your physical abilities are. The first tips that are given to a princess are:
- Keep a training diary, if the first session is easy, increase the weight in the next session.
- Do not exceed with training , especially at the beginning, to avoid injuries.
- Remember that safety in weight training should be the first thing.
- When exercising with free weights, it is advisable to use a power rack (cage ) during lifting. One of the main advantages of a power rack is that it makes training possible until it falls, and allows you to do squats and press weights safely, which can not be done when using a standard bench. And we can easily change weights on the rocker bar.
Over the years, we have developed several approaches to lifting weights. Depending on your goals, you need to consider different systems in the long run. However, if you are a beginner, a global approach is probably the best thing for you. To clarify, these are some used terms and their definitions:
The goal is to train the body to be able to lift the weight as heavy as possible, ie to raise as much weight as possible with a single repetition. The only purpose of this is to participate in weight lifting competitions.
Weightlifting for other sports
Exercises with weights, with the purpose of supplementing any other exercise you do, whether it’s martial arts, swimming, jogging, yoga, golf, gymnastics, etc. Your goal should be to increase performance in your chosen discipline, not to lift weights as heavy as possible, or to develop muscles that can slow down or reduce flexibility, etc.
The weight training exercises to increase the size of muscles for cosmetic effect, and eventually to participate in body building competitions.
They may all look very similar to start, and when you start a weight training program you can also try methods that fall into one or all of these categories. But in the long run, it is necessary to set specific goals.
Most people who practice weight training to improve their appearance or to be more athletic.
So, in fact, most people do bodybuilding, though they can not be put into the same category as bodybuilding.
Tips for Strength Training for a Beginner
- A muscle group requires a period of 24 to 36 hours of rest between workouts. Working the same muscle several times in a very short period will result in overtraining results, muscle fatigue, and possible injuries. Muscle gains are performed during the rest and recovery period.
- The local reduction is not possible . For example, doing 100 crunches per day, they will not make the abdominal fat disappear, but will only help activate that area, but will only help. To reduce abdominal fat, there must be a total reduction in body fat. Overall body fat reduction results are obtained by optimizing your diet, with regular exercise and adequate rest.
- Local toning however , may occur. If one wants bigger biceps, you can train the strength for specific muscle growth. In other words, you can focus on a specific muscle group. This is sometimes called targeted training.
- A workout routine for resistance has to be regular and constant to get results. The best results from a fitness program come from a lifestyle change. Eliminating unhealthy behaviors and setting up healthy ones, which will provide the greatest reward.
- A strength training routine should be changed every 4-6 weeks. This prevents the activity from becoming trivial and uninteresting. At a practical level, do not change a routine on a regular basis, eventually will stop producing results. In order that a fitness program can always produce results, muscle needs a new stimulus for every workout to avoid muscle adaptation.
- A strength training routine should be built according to specific goals. An example of specific goals could be: fat loss, hypertrophy, maintain weight or size. Each objective has a different method that is best suited to achieve optimal results. A person who is interested in losing body fat will have to do a different workout than a person trying to increase muscle mass.
- Force workout routines must work all the major muscle groups of the body 1-3 times a week. This includes biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, back, abdominal, quadriceps, buttocks, femoral and calfskins. By leaving one or more muscle groups, this creates an imbalance.